[#2210] Taxes not being applied on checkout

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150667 by Brandon7777
Replied by Brandon7777 on topic Re: Taxes not being applied on checkout
Ok, I think we have a bit of confusion here. The invoicing address has never worked correctly. Before I modified anything, the State/Province section would always be blank. Even when I force someone to use an invoicing address, it was impossible to select anything in that drop down. That is why I modified the edit.front.invoice.xml file, to get the two fields to "sycn". Here is the post where I found that information www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-general-usage/140437-solved-state-dropdown

I changed my edit.front.invoice.xml back to it's original state, still, same problem. I even unpublished the CB state/country entries under Field management, created a new dropdown field (named it state2) with only WV as the field value. I changed on the CBSUBS>SETTINGS>DISPLAY>INVOICES tab to use "state2" on the invoice. Still, the same problem, nothing shows up in the State/Province drop down on the Invoicing Address nor does it know what state I have selected from registration.

Now, I have managed to reproduce getting it to show up again though (I had mentioned in my first post that I was able to get the states to show up once and the tax worked). To get that drop down to work, you have to click "save" on the invoicing address page (I had it set up for non-manditory invoice addressing), then go back and edit the invoicing address again and THEN the states show up. This is the ONLY way it has ever worked. And yes, once I select West Virginia as the state, save it, THEN the tax gets applied.

Needless to say, I'm a bit confused :S

Update: Also, changing from the default country of "United States" to another country and back again shows the States listed under "States/Provinces". Still, I need this to pull the data from the registration form.

I've also added joomla debug from the initial invoicing page.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150693 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Taxes not being applied on checkout
I see, so you are having to save the invoice address TWICE for the state field to take affect? Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150763 by krileon
Reviewing your install the states list is completely empty. Please install CB 1.1.2 ontop of it self to remove any modifications to the XML so may test properly. Am not finding any issues with Tax during all my local tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150892 by Brandon7777
Replied by Brandon7777 on topic Re: Taxes not being applied on checkout
I have re-installed the main joomla CBsubs plugins, as well as the CB plugins (under the CB Plugin installation). Same issue. I did notice, however, before I had installed the CBPLugins (cbtax and others) when I went to register, it actually wanted me to choose a default country and was not pre-selected for the USA. But, in the end, this did not fix the problem. So it's ready to go whenever you need test again.

13 years 3 months ago #150909 by krileon
Tax is calculating perfectly fine. What appears to be happening is the field values are not properly synchronizing. After selecting United States I was able to select the country and after saving could see the tax calculated properly.

Was able to confirm locally and on your install country and state synchronization is not working properly. I've created a bug ticket for further investigation. I recommend setting invoicing address to be mandatory to force users to complete country/state.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn