[SOLVED] Read More Button Problem When Upgrade Needed

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150711 by jstec
Ok, i think this is my last unresolved issue :) , and it is not a showstopper, just something that looks silly. When I have an article that requires a paid plan to access the full content, the Read More button is not rendering properly. In FF 3.6.13. the following is shown:

In IE8, I get something similar, only the little button on the right is not there. Turning Compatibility Mode on in IE 8 does not change the button rendering, except for the text disappears.

Any ideas?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150774 by krileon
Button is styled by your template. Please switch to default Joomla template or one of the Joomlapolis Joomla templates and it should display just fine. Seams like the button styling has a maximum width applied or something of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jstec

13 years 3 months ago #150808 by jstec
Ok, I will use firebug to try and figure out the problem when I have time to get to that (it is purely asuthetic and so is several items down my list right now).

What was throwing me off from thinking it was a simple formatting issue is the fact that it looks like several buttons are trying to render. I could understand the button being sized wrong and having the text extend out past it as being due to a simple size attribute, but the three buttons showing where there should only be one threw me off.

I wanted to post this on the forum because I thought it might be a bug and also in case anyone else is seeing this.

I don't want to use the standard Joomla template for my site because I am personalizing my site and want it to have its own (relatively) unique look and feel -- at least as much as I can given that I am using a template authoring tool (Artisteer). I bought Artisteer when I first started getting into Joomla because it seemed like what a lot of people were using, but it does have its issues. I will try the standard template and/or another "production" template when I have a chance.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn