Minor:: Removing plans that were never paid for

13 years 1 month ago #157628 by susanskinner
For plans that have not been paid, you can not see that there are child plans involved from the subscriptions tab you have to go to the basket to see them all.

If you try to delete an unpaid plan that has a child plan from the subscription tab, you get an error about child plans still existing (don't remember the exact message)and you can't delete it.

I did (through experimentation) learn that you must delete the basket and the notifications to get rid of them .... but what is the purpose of a delete option on the subscription tab if it doesn't work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157960 by krileon
Unpaid will remove when the user goes to their profile and clicks to pay the subscription. They then click the cancel payment link and this will remove the pending basket/subscription. I don't recommend removing these as you could be deleting a users subscription that is "in process". It's working as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #158023 by susanskinner
Replied by susanskinner on topic Re: Minor:: Removing plans that were never paid for
Sometimes people never (we are talking months go by here) mail in their payment or comeback to play on the site. I really don't want to build up open baskets year after year and want to be able to close them out by canceling them.

I also had a situation where an expired member had originally selected pay off-line and changed her mind and wanted to pay by PayPal. The only way I could find to let her do this was to delete the basket/notification. She could not sign-in as the system simply told her a payment was pending when she tried.

13 years 1 month ago #158328 by krileon
What adverse affect is this causing for you to have open baskets? If you could better explain why this is a problem would be able to better understand the need.

The user that wanted to change payment method simply needed to click the cancel subscription link, click renew, then click the PayPal button as their payment option. Even this isn't truly necessary as when they login they should be prompted to pay their pending subscription (or by clicking Pay Now in subscriptions tab for the subscription) and can select PayPal as the payment method. The method is not forced to a plan or subscription unless you're using Owner IDs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn