CBSubs plans with multiple members

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #266846 by treehstn
CBSubs plans with multiple members was created by treehstn
Our association has membership plans that are able to have multiple users for each plan. i.e. A Corporate membership plan for one purchase price is allowed to have up to 5 members and then for another $10 each more members can be added to that subscription.

A Trade membership gets 3 members plus $10 each additional and an Associate membership gets 2 members.

How would we set this up in the membership plan area so that each member in a plan is tied to that subscription?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #266848 by treehstn
Replied by treehstn on topic CBSubs plans with multiple members
I think I just found my own answer:

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18405-family-plan-membership-part-1

If this is the answer has anyone attempted this?

8 years 9 months ago #266849 by treehstn
I've read through the tutorial and the first part of it I'm very lost on. The second half looks fairly straightforward. Here's where I'm lost. (I'm NOT a programmer!)

These are the sections that I'm not sure how to start with:

Elements used in use case implementation

The following building block elements are used to implement this use case:

CB Tabs:
Accept Family Plan tab...
Family Member tab...
Superadmin tab...

CB Fields:
CB Fields on Superadmin tab...

CB Fields on Family Plan tab...

CB Fields on Accept Family Member tab...

8 years 9 months ago #266900 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs plans with multiple members
It's explaining what tabs and fields you need to create within CB > Tab Management and CB > Field Management. It uses a number of fields to keep everything linked together. There's also an alternative solution, which is to generate coupon codes for the users to give to another user for a free subscription. The coupon usecase tutorial is as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18407-purchasing-discount-coupons

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #266949 by treehstn
Thank you! I'm working through it with that information.

A couple of questions so far:

1. The section that is titled "CB Fields on Family Plan tab".... When I use the "Tab" drop down when building the field the options are to put the field on the "Accept Family Plan" tab or the "Family Member" tab. There is no "Family Plan" tab. Which one should I be using?

2. Under the "CB Fields on Family Plan tab" section the first field to make is "cb_fmeminstructions1". It says it is a delimiter field but I don't see that option in the "Type" drop down.

3. Is the cb_asignmessageuser1 field the correct field name to use or is there a typo and it should be cb_assignmessageuser1?

Thanks!

8 years 9 months ago #266951 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs plans with multiple members

1. The section that is titled "CB Fields on Family Plan tab".... When I use the "Tab" drop down when building the field the options are to put the field on the "Accept Family Plan" tab or the "Family Member" tab. There is no "Family Plan" tab. Which one should I be using?

You need to create the tab in CB > Tab Management.

2. Under the "CB Fields on Family Plan tab" section the first field to make is "cb_fmeminstructions1". It says it is a delimiter field but I don't see that option in the "Type" drop down.

The delimiter field was renamed to Custom HTML in CB 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn