[#6606] Activity module: Stream filtering

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293563 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have an auto action that creates an activity entry entitled events.[cat_id].[event_id]. How do I instruct the module to filter these activities? Any chance to make an exclusion based events.* (where the * is a wildcard?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293587 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity module: Stream filtering
You can't exclude assets from a stream. It's inclusive only. If you're using an asset of "profile" or "connections" it'll include those entries exactly in addition to all entries created by that user id. So for example profile.42 includes all entries with profile.42 asset or those created by user id 42. All of course includes all activity entries.

Will review adding an exclude assets parameter with support for wildcards, but likely will not be implemented anytime soon as I'm working my way through new releases of other plugins.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6606

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293588 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Activity module: Stream filtering
Hi Sorry for the misunderstandings.
I wanted to INCLUDE the activities with the asset that starts with events.[catID].[EventID]. The problem is that I have no idea how to tell the module to include these. They are not listed in your tooltip and I have no idea how to mark it since catID and EventID are always changing with each event...

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293590 by krileon
Ah, ok. Exclude feature would still be cool non the less so still adding that, lol. Wildcards are supported so you can use the below.

events.* or events.% (either works)

To have profile asset and that events asset you can do the following asset.

profile,events.*

The first asset supplied will be the "primary" asset of the stream as well, which is mostly only relevant if you allow new activity to be created on that stream as it'll use the primary asset for access checks and newly created activity will use that asset.

I've never tested multiple wildcards, but the below might work too if you need to enforce the 2 ids.

events.*.*

The * wildcard converts to % for the purpose of the database query, which will just do a LIKE usage. So it's same as doing the below directly in a query.

`asset` LIKE 'events.%.%'

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293591 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Activity module: Stream filtering
Agreed about the exclusion and it needing to be wildcard. That would be really necessary as I will keep on adding new activity types and EXCLUDING the one or two that I do not want is easier than including the 10s of different ones I will want.
You should mention the wildcard in your tooltip as well as that completely threw me off...

6 years 11 months ago #293595 by krileon
The wildcard is mentioned in the asset tooltip as an example (specifically profile.%). Will add a feature ticket to more prominently mention wildcard usage.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6608

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn