How to make everyone connected by default

6 years 6 months ago #298334 by tilatam
Hello

I am new with CB and currently using it on a small closed community where one of the goals is that everyone should be able to see everyones activity wall with no need to be friends, is this possible? i mean we dont need to have to connect with everyone to see their posts. Such thing is possible?

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298343 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to make everyone connected by default
Yes, that's the default behavior for CB Activity, which has no privacy out of the box (you need CB Privacy and CB Auto Actions for activity privacy controls). If you want to allow users to post on each others activity streams without being connected then you need to edit the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management and set "Create Connected Access" to "Disable" within Parameters > Create.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298350 by tilatam
Replied by tilatam on topic How to make everyone connected by default
Thank you will give it a try, on a similar topic, is there a way to set the url of a user associated to a menu item? because i need to point a menu to the pages of a user so i could add a specific menu to this type of page: component/comprofiler/userprofile?Itemid=xx
Is that possible? Regards

6 years 6 months ago #298363 by krileon

is there a way to set the url of a user associated to a menu item?

Create a Joomla menu item with menu type Community Builder > User Profile then supply a users id for the User parameter if you want a Joomla menu item to link directly to a specific users profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298384 by tilatam
Replied by tilatam on topic How to make everyone connected by default
That works but in that case i will need to create a looot of menu items (1 for each user), is there another way? maybe a 3rd party plugin??

6 years 6 months ago #298389 by krileon
If you want a unique menu item per user then you need to make a menu item per user. If you just want a general menu item then create one without User supplied. Beyond that I've no idea what you're asking. If you want to link to a users profile with custom HTML you'd use the below.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=USER_ID_HERE&Itemid=ITEM_ID_HERE

The SEF URLs to users profiles should display as follows.

domain/menu-alias/username

For example your profile URL here at Joomlapolis is as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/profile/tilatam

This is done using a Joomla menu item with menu type Community Builder > User Profile with User left as empty at the below usage.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=USER_ID_HERE&Itemid=ITEM_ID_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn