Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 4 months ago #299044 by Spiralmind
Summary Tab in Profile Edit was created by Spiralmind
Hello, I am looking for last resort solutions for my application process. If I need to have them self check what they have done and check a box or 2 saying they have met the requirements that may be acceptable.

So can a tab be set up in the profile edit called summary with all the things they have filled in so they can see it in one place? Then I have a few fields that they select that alerts me they are ready for review.

So a list off all things they have filled in on other tabs? Could CB Query Field be used for this?

Just one more idea to figure out my dilemma.

Much appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

So can a tab be set up in the profile edit called summary with all the things they have filled in so they can see it in one place?

No, not without developing something to do that. You'd need to use jQuery to pull those values from their fields and display them back. As this needs to happen in realtime you will not be able to use CB Query Field or CB Code Field for this. You need custom jQuery and some HTML.

Then I have a few fields that they select that alerts me they are ready for review.

Yes, that's doable using CB Auto Actions. You'll likely need to use after user registration and after user update triggers to cover frontend registration and profile edit. You'd then use an Email or Private Message action with the fields you want to trigger this set as conditions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299054 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
Hello, perhaps I did not explain this? What does the database thing do then if not show database info on the site?

It seems like everything I can think of can't be done. Perhaps you can help me figure out a solution? I have to have some solution or I cannot use this at all.

I was really hoping the database query addon was going to be the ticket here.

6 years 4 months ago #299063 by krileon

Hello, perhaps I did not explain this? What does the database thing do then if not show database info on the site?

It queries the database and displays the results, but that's not what you're doing here. You're wanting them to verify their information that they just completed on the last few profile tabs before they save. There's nothing to query for as it's not stored in the database yet.

It seems like everything I can think of can't be done. Perhaps you can help me figure out a solution? I have to have some solution or I cannot use this at all.

I guess you can try substituting the fields into Custom HTML fields then using the Update On functionality from CB Core Fields Ajax to cause those Custom HTML fields to refresh based off the field they're dependent on changing. Example as follows.

Field 1
Name: cb_text
Type: Text

Field 2
Name: cb_text_confirm
Type: Custom HTML
Description: [cb_text]
Update On: cb_text

Beyond that you'd need to code a solution your self that fits your needs specifically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299076 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
I am actually rethinking this and need to explain this better then.

I do not want the database query to do anything except show a list of things that have been filled in on the other tabs. A simple list in the last tab in the profile edit and possibly somewhere on their profile.

So as they filling in things and after they click update throughout the process this summary tab will show what's been filled in. I do not want it to do anything but display what's completed.

Then I will add a few checkboxes that are set to trigger the progress fields that they must do themselves.

Finally when the progress field is at a certain % it sends an email to the admin.

It's more or less a way to accomplish what I need but they must do it not the system. No required fields to worry about.

Can this be done or some version of this? This seems to be my last gasp of hope for making this work. The rest seems to be great. I hate to scrap the whole thing.

6 years 4 months ago #299078 by krileon

So as they filling in things and after they click update throughout the process this summary tab will show what's been filled in. I do not want it to do anything but display what's completed.

This makes things a bit more clear. You don't need CB Query Field at all in this case. Install CB Content Bot so you can utilize substitutions in Joomla articles. Next add all the HTML and substitutions you want for your summery page. Then in CB Auto Actions on the after user update trigger redirect them to that Joomla article (use non-SEF beginning with index.php for the URL). This should give you your summery page. See the below tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

I suppose it's also doable skipping the need for an article and just using CB Auto Actions, but it gets a bit more complicated as you need to create a Code action with Triggers set to None then supply all your HTML and substitutions followed by redirecting users to the URL provided under the Global tab except &users=[user_id] needs to be added in your redirect action.

Then I will add a few checkboxes that are set to trigger the progress fields that they must do themselves.

You'd just have CB Conditional show your fields based off the checkbox field having a value equal to 1 (checked).

Finally when the progress field is at a certain % it sends an email to the admin.

An email auto action acting on the after user update trigger with a condition of [cb_progressfield] Equal To 100 since the [FIELD_NAME] substitution of a progress field will give you the percent complete.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.516 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn