Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 4 months ago #299985 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
Hi again, I have an image field that will always be there and adding the [cb:userdata field="cb_mapimage" /] I only get a path not the acual image displayed. Can the image be displayed with the substitutions in a Custom HTML field?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299992 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
That's because you're using userdata substitution, which is raw value. Please read the substitution tutorial below carefully.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

You need to use the userfield substitution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299994 by Spiralmind
OK, I have it set to field per documentation but now nothing is showing up. [cb:userfield field="cb_mapimage" /]

Original Field Value - display a field with all HTML rendered
[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

Sorry this is so difficult for me.

6 years 4 months ago #300002 by krileon
[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] respects field access. If the field isn't set to display on profile it won't display anything. If the field is not published it also won't display anything. If the tab it is on is not accessible (unpublished or view access level set too high) it again won't display anything.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

6 years 4 months ago #300011 by Spiralmind
So, how can I do it then? I don't want it to be public on the profile. Can I use a tab that's not on profile and set the field to show on profile?

Thanks

6 years 4 months ago #300013 by krileon
Put it on a tab that's in a not shown on profile position. You can then substitute it freely without it actually displaying on their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn