Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 4 months ago #299093 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

I have 2 conditions set for each now. Once that shows the text field when the checkbox is selected and one that hides it on the public side if it's empty. Any ideas on this?

Just set CB to hide empty fields within CB > Configuration > User Profile. You shouldn't need a second condition for this. Also your second condition won't work as you're using it now in CB Conditional 5.0.0 as I'm rewriting it. Conditioning the same field twice is not supported (even if in separate locations) and will be enforced with 5.0.0 as it's causing a lot of serious conflict problems, but 5.0.0 is implementing AND/OR conditioning.

I am testing this and need to know how or if it's possible to hide the text area fields if the checkbox is not selected. Tab one will have a field with 24 checkboxes and each will have a text area that will appear if they check one or more. I need to hide them if not checked.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299094 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

I am testing this and need to know how or if it's possible to hide the text area fields if the checkbox is not selected.

Yes, as explained already use CB Conditional for that. That's the entire purpose (show/hide tabs/fields based off the value of other fields). A checkbox uses a value of 1 (yes) or 0|NULL (no). It's best to use Equal To 1 or Not Equal To 1 conditions for checkbox fields. If using a multicheckbox you need to use the usage explained below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/237784-summary-tab-in-profile-edit?start=6#299086

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299120 by Spiralmind
Another question about this summary page. Is it possible to make a menu item for it so I can assign modules, etc?

Can an admin see this page by some custom URL?

6 years 4 months ago #299124 by Spiralmind
Hello, I am stuck with the multicheckbox conditional settings.

Your instructions are to use regex which I am Is REGEX and the values like you showed me. It seems to be all or nothing though. Each checkbox needs to open a single text area. Do I need to do this for each one? If so there are 5 CB Conditional options I need over 20 for this one alone. Or is there another way? Now that I am using multicheckboxes I hate to go back to single ones.

6 years 4 months ago #299128 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

Another question about this summary page. Is it possible to make a menu item for it so I can assign modules, etc?

Yes, if it's a Joomla article you'd just use Joomlas built in menutypes for linking to articles. If it's a CB Auto Action select Community Builder > Plugin menutype and for Plugin select CB Auto Actions and from there you can specify what auto action to link to.

Can an admin see this page by some custom URL?

For a Joomla article, no. For CB Auto Actions, yes as you're including the user id of the user being edited. Probably easier just to not redirect if the user is a moderator (use the Access parameter to do this).

Note your substitutions need to have user="#me" added to them if using the Joomla article usecase (e.g. [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" user="#me" /]).

Your instructions are to use regex which I am Is REGEX and the values like you showed me. It seems to be all or nothing though. Each checkbox needs to open a single text area. Do I need to do this for each one? If so there are 5 CB Conditional options I need over 20 for this one alone. Or is there another way? Now that I am using multicheckboxes I hate to go back to single ones.

You'd just add a condition directly to each textarea field checking your multicheckbox with an Is REGEX condition. Example as follows.

Display: Field conditional self
Field: cb_multicheckbox
Operator: Is REGEX
Value: /MY_VALUE/
Mode: Show

You can probably use a contains operator as well; example as follows.

Display: Field conditional self
Field: cb_multicheckbox
Operator: Does Contain
Value: MY_VALUE
Mode: Show

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299133 by Spiralmind

You'd just add a condition directly to each textarea field checking your multicheckbox with an Is REGEX condition. Example as follows.

Duh, I was doing it backwards. Now it works perfectly!!

I suggest using a single multicheckbox field and set Minimum Select to 8. That should guarantee at least 8 options are selected.

Is there a way to not show the requirement error of how many checkboxes need to be selected until they click update? As soon as I click the first checkbox it shows me an error. Please select at least 3 options. This is not a huge big deal but I am just wondering. Just trying to figure out the system to make my decisions on how to tweak this.

Thanks for your patience throughout my ordeal.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn