Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 5 months ago #299273 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
Just add your checkbox to profile edit and check for it to be checked in a CB Auto Actions email action before sending the email. There's no need to complicate things with yet another form. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
Type: Email
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [cb_checkbox] Equal To 1

Next just configure the email as needed. You can utilize substitutions in the email as well if you need information about the user. Change cb_checkbox to the actual name of your checkbox field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299314 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

Yes, you can actually just use tab substitutions in a Custom HTML field and substitute in those entire tabs contents. Example as follows.

[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_1" /]
[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_2" /]
[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_3" /]
[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_4" /]
[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_5" /]
[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_6" /]

Hello, I cannot get this to work for some reason.

I have a tab set to show on the Profile, this is working fine. It shows the Custom HTML field's title but my tab content is not showing. I installed a few plugins and enabled them.

These are the 2 tabs I am testing. Both are showing up on the profile now via their own tab but this content bot does not seem to be working for this. Not sure what I am missing?

[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_25" /]
[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_31" /]

6 years 5 months ago #299315 by Spiralmind
I just checked the CB Tools Core database and found this. I have not checkboxes with these IDs in my list. Could this be the issue? Do I need to start over with my fields? How do I fix this?

Sorry if this is on the same thread but I wasn't sure if it was related.

Warning: 10 entries in Community Builder comprofiler_field_values link back to fields of wrong fieldtype.
fieldvalueid=18 fieldtype=checkbox
fieldvalueid=19 fieldtype=checkbox
fieldvalueid=20 fieldtype=checkbox
fieldvalueid=21 fieldtype=terms
fieldvalueid=22 fieldtype=checkbox
fieldvalueid=23 fieldtype=checkbox
fieldvalueid=24 fieldtype=checkbox
fieldvalueid=25 fieldtype=checkbox
fieldvalueid=26 fieldtype=checkbox
fieldvalueid=27 fieldtype=checkbox
This one can be fixed in SQL using a tool like phpMyAdmin.

6 years 5 months ago #299320 by krileon

These are the 2 tabs I am testing. Both are showing up on the profile now via their own tab but this content bot does not seem to be working for this. Not sure what I am missing?

[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_25" /]
[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID_31" /]

You need to replace TAB_ID_1 with the actual id of your field. You just replaced the 1, 2, 3, etc.. which I was using to symbolize tab 1, tab 2, tab 3, etc.. so you'd have the below.

[cb:usertab tab="25" /]
[cb:usertab tab="31" /]

Sorry if this is on the same thread but I wasn't sure if it was related.

It's unrelated. You just have field options stored for fields that don't have field options. It's safe to ignore otherwise needs to be cleaned up manually in your database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299324 by Spiralmind
Still no luck. What else am I missing? What plugin or feature makes this work?

Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #299325 by krileon

What plugin or feature makes this work?

Nothing, it's just a substitution as documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Place those tabs in a not shown on profile position. Ensure the fields on those tabs are set to display on profile. Then substitute the tabs into a Custom HTML field. You need to be using the number under the ID column in CB > Tab Management and not the number under the # column. You can also just substitute in the fields individually and ignore substituting in the tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn