[SOLVED] Unable to edit profile

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153371 by Haggisdog
[SOLVED] Unable to edit profile was created by Haggisdog
First time poster and very new to CB.

I'm running CB 1.3.1 on a hosted (GoDaddy) instance of Joomla 1.5.2

I walked through the very helpful manual and configured my initial instance of CB which consists of Login and Workflow at this point.

I've run into a problem, however, when I login I can successfully see my profile and I can see two tabs (Community and Edit). But I'm not able to select either of these. I'm the administrator so I assume that I should be able to essentially edit everything.

I've looked about as far as I can to figure out what I've either not selected or that I've missed.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153378 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Unable to edit profile

Haggisdog wrote: First time poster and very new to CB.

I'm running CB 1.3.1 on a hosted (GoDaddy) instance of Joomla 1.5.2

Welcome to CB and our forums!

I walked through the very helpful manual and configured my initial instance of CB which consists of Login and Workflow at this point.

I've run into a problem, however, when I login I can successfully see my profile and I can see two tabs (Community and Edit). But I'm not able to select either of these. I'm the administrator so I assume that I should be able to essentially edit everything.

I've looked about as far as I can to figure out what I've either not selected or that I've missed.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Trying to understand - do you have a URL illustrating the issue and perhaps a test login to use?

13 years 2 months ago #153542 by Haggisdog
Replied by Haggisdog on topic Re: Unable to edit profile
Thanks Nick.

The URL for the site is www.houstonhighlanders.com

I've created a test account called Test pw: joomla so you can get a sense of the issue. Basically I just wanted users to be able to update their profile information but some reason the Edit tab can not be selected.

Do I need to run the Synchronize Users Tool before this will work correctly (I was reluctant to in case it caused a problem with the users who had registered already).

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153548 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Unable to edit profile
The menu can't be moused over because your logo is set as Absolute with a very large height. This is causing the Logo DIV to overlap the menu, which won't allow mouse-over of the menu. The below should resolve your issue.

IN: templates/rhuk_milkyway/css/template.css
ON: Line 88
div#logo {
    background: url("../images/Highlanderlogo_web.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    float: left;
    height: 200px;
    left: 0;
    margin-left: 30px;
    margin-top: 25px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 800px;
}
TO:
div#logo {
    background: url("../images/Highlanderlogo_web.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    float: left;
    height: 103px;
    left: 0;
    margin-left: 30px;
    margin-top: 25px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 800px;
}

Simply change the height to match that of the image (103) instead of having 97 pixels worth of overflow (doing nothing). There are many other ways to more efficiently display the logo, but this is the easiest and probably quickest fix with minimal testing. I recommend placing the logo in a more appropriate module position avoiding having to use any CSS at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Haggisdog

13 years 2 months ago #153583 by Haggisdog
Replied by Haggisdog on topic Re: Unable to edit profile
Awesome that worked perfectly... holy smokes its amazing you figured this out, I was stumped on this for hours, I can safely say I would never have solved this! Thanks for the help!

:woohoo:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn