Import users and images (not becoming members)

13 years 2 months ago #153596 by pinobird
Hi,

I want to build a memberlist (cyclingclub) with images of the riders. I have images of all the riders ans their names and category.

Can I import (with CBjuice) a list of the riders with the direction of the images into CB? If so where do i put the images and how must i fill the csv with the rigth direction?

I don't want all off the riders to become an actual memeber in joomla. How can i prevent this?

Kind regards,

Hans

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153647 by krileon

Can I import (with CBjuice) a list of the riders with the direction of the images into CB? If so where do i put the images and how must i fill the csv with the rigth direction?

The only want to import users is through CB Juice as for transferring over images from image fields or avatars I believe once you do the import you'll have to copy/paste the images over from images/comprofiler to your new site. I do not know if it'll move the images for you; likely not.

I don't want all off the riders to become an actual memeber in joomla. How can i prevent this?

Delete them from the import file I suppose. Believe CB Juice outputs CSV files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153685 by pinobird
Krileon,

Thanks for your reply. I think i've made myself not totally clear.

I've made a csv-file based on cbjuice exportsettings (see attachment)
I want to import this file with only the filled in fields (no usernames, no passwords)
I want to upload all the images (under avatars) to the server so CB can use them with the right name (where do i place the images)

Hope this will help.

Kind regards,
Hans
Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #153741 by krileon

I want to import this file with only the filled in fields (no usernames, no passwords)

If no username is provided then name will be attempted to be used for Username. If no name is provided then email will be attempted as username. If that fails your users won't create. Passwords if left empty will auto-generate.

I want to upload all the images (under avatars) to the server so CB can use them with the right name (where do i place the images)

Images are stored in images/comprofiler folder, but they are stored with userid. You'd need to update each users with the correct userid after you import the users back into CB. You'd also need to ensure the avatar/image fields match this new value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn