[SOLVED] Redirect Profile Updates to Land On Edit Details

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153676 by dupree1015
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way that when someone Edits Their Details on their profile that after you hit update, it doesn't route to their personal profile page but stays on the same Edit Your Details Page with the message at the top that reads Your Settings Have Been Saved. I have individuals that are not supposed to have/see their own profiles but will need to edit their member information should they need to. They are getting to the Edit area by clicking on a link that I've made available in a left module position on another page.

Thanks for your help,

Cat'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153679 by krileon
This can be done with incubator project CB Redirect. This allows redirecting users based off a CB trigger such as after profile update to any URL you want. You can also specify a message with that redirect. More on incubator projects can be found at the following URL.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/incubator

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #153686 by dupree1015
YOU GUYS ROCK!!! This is awesome. All the additions and updates have made CB the BEST Community Program out there! Thanks again! :cheer:

Cat'

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn