[SOLVED] CB Conditional plugin

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155591 by KatoKalin
[SOLVED] CB Conditional plugin was created by KatoKalin
I just wanted to report 3 issues I am having with the CB Conditional plugin:

1. For some reason certain fields must be assigned to the Portrait tab otherwise step by step registration is not possible. For example the password field: If it is assigned to the portrait tab, it works. It is assigned to the contact tab, clicking next in the registration form, the validation message pops up telling that the field is required.

2. If such a field is set to NOT required, the popup message tells it is required when clicking on "Next".

3. Turning off validation per step in the config, leads to completely turning off step by step registration. All fields are displayed in one form again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155684 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin
There are known issues with step by step am working to address with next release. The entire jQuery usage is being rewritten from the ground up. Disabling validation should NOT disable step by step. Please ensure are at least using the latest release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155728 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin
Ok. I am using the latest release and disabling validation disables step by step. In that case the entire layout falls back to the original form layout with everything on one page. Enabling validation does make it work again

13 years 2 months ago #155814 by krileon
Please download and install 1.0.6. Have completely rewrote the step by step jQuery and tested on IE6, IE7, IE8, and FF. Please let me know if any further issues are found. 1 parameter has been removed regarding Steps Navigation (Enable/Disable).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155925 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin
That was quick. Great. Now the situation is as follows:

1. Disabling validation works now. It does no longer break the form and no more validation popus.
2. However, there is still the issue regarding certain fields assigned to certain tabs. For example: I have 2 tabs, portrait and contact. When I assign the username field to the portrait tab, step-by-step works. The field shows up in the first tab of the registration page and I can click to the next tabs.
When I assign the username field to the contact tab, the field does not show up on the first tab (which is correct), but when I try to get to the next tab, the validation message pops up telling me to fill out username. Of course I cannot do this, because the username field has been assigned to the second tab which I cannot select.
Only turning validation off solves this for now as this is the only way to switch to the second tab.
It is weird, that this behaviour does not show for all fields. I have experienced this for the username field, the password field and a customs field of mine. Other fields can be assigned anywhere without showing this weird behaviour.

I hope this extensive description helps to find the solution for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

13 years 2 months ago #155966 by krileon
I see, validation is only disabled for required fields, but core fields have additional validation. Need to add some other way to validate a single step without it affecting other steps (currently just removes Required flags). For time being I recommend leaving core fields on the first tab. Other fields should not have any issue (as you've confirmed).

Your feedback has been extremely helpful, thank you for the information!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn