[SOLVED] CB Conditional plugin

13 years 1 month ago #156640 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin

KatoKalin wrote: Now with 1.4 it seems to be working. Also the Captcha issue went away. Great plugin.
Now I only cannot find the right way to rename the steps. Would /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php the correct place? If I do it there will the language strings be lost after a CB upgrade? Wouldn´t it be better for the Conditional Plugin to come with its own language file?

The correct way would be to download and install the CB 1.4 English language plugin and alter it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157023 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin
Unfortunately the language plugin does not come with a documentation? There is no description but empty parameter fields. Can I enter language strings there? And how? or do I have to alter the languge file?
Also this does not have an effect on the default language, so I am still looking for the best way to do this once and for all without loosing the alterations after a CB update.

But there is another issue I have just discovered. All my introducting and concluding texts are no longer visible. They are there in the backend and they are visible in source code of the site. Also they show until the Javascript of the CB Conditional plugin fires and then they are gone. Only the CB Conditional plugin form is visible, no introduction text on top and no concluding text at the bottom.
I have CB 1.4 with latest CB Conditional plugin. Turning layout back to tables shows the texts again, but then CB Conditional plugin does no longer work.
What could be the reason for this issue?

13 years 1 month ago #157093 by KatoKalin
I tried to nail down the issue further. When I check the source code the introducing and concluding text is there. I entered "test" as introducing text and it shows as follows:
<div class="contentpane" id="registrationTable">
    <div class="contentpaneopen">Test</div>
<div class="cbFieldsContentsTab" id="cbtf_20">

But as output it seems to get overlayed by the form. Changing template does not help so it does not seem to be a template issue. Also changing css class for contentpaneopen does not help.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Conditional plugin
Please download and install 1.0.7, it was re-released after a fix attempt for fixing broken 3rd party tabs did not go over well. I removed that fix attempt as well as conclusion/intro text is fixed. Please do not expect a registration form or process that you would see without step by step. I am altering the display purely with jQuery, which is no easy task.. some things just will not work (e.g. 3rd party tabs not constructed correctly). If intro and conclusion text is still not displaying, please use delimiter fields. Have confirmed working however in all my tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157297 by KatoKalin
Everything is working great now with the new version!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn