Display profile data inside my articles

13 years 2 months ago #155977 by dotcom22
Display profile data inside my articles was created by dotcom22
hello

I would like retrieve some data coming from CB profile (principally some custom field) and be able to display automatically inside Joomla articles... I make a lot search in all stuff proposed by CB team and in the JED but it seem nothing is available. The only thing I found is some "author plugin" who permit to just link articles to author profile but not to display directly other data in articles...

Anybody have an idea how to do ??

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155999 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Display profile data inside my articles
The professional subscriber incubator project CB Content Bot will allow you to use substitutions such as [username] and much more within your Joomla articles. Please see below link regarding substitutions.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

The following link for further information on incubator projects.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/incubator

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #156013 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Display profile data inside my articles
thank for reply...

It seem this is what I need for achieve my goal...however what I would like is to be able to insert that Contenbot code (for example {cb:[cb_mycustomfield]} ) automatically at the bottom of specific articles (that mean only article from specific section/category) without need for end users to do by themselves...

Here at CB it seem you don't have any tools who allow to do that... I make some search and I found Sourcerer who allow to place any code in a single click using WYSIWYG editor... The problem is even if using that extension this require always a manual task for end users and they can forget to place the Contentbot code..

Have you a suggestion for allow me to place automatically Contentbot code inside specific article without need for end users to do something special?

many thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

13 years 2 months ago #156026 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Display profile data inside my articles

It seem this is what I need for achieve my goal...however what I would like is to be able to insert that Contenbot code (for example {cb:[cb_mycustomfield]} ) automatically at the bottom of specific articles (that mean only article from specific section/category) without need for end users to do by themselves...

Automatically, no it can't do this. You need to manually input this. A solution to automate it is to develop a plugin to act on the content triggers and edit the contents of the article appending what you want at the bottom. It's likely something of the sort has already been done, but can't say for sure. You can actually use the CB Content Bot source as a base for your plugin, renaming, making additions where needed and you'll have what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.968 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn