[SOLVED] Registered users shut out?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156327 by Ducimus2003
[SOLVED] Registered users shut out? was created by Ducimus2003
Hello,

I'm setting up a site with CB 1.4 and CBSub 1.1.2

Tested the thing offline, worked ok.
Went online with a live Paypal account and everything.

People starting signing up a free 30 trial. They get the registration email ok. Same with the Free-trail mail. Admin (me) get the same ok.

Problem is, when trying to login for the 1st time, they get this : "You cannot access the private section of this site."

What gives?
I show them as registered users on a free trial plan. Everything looks ok from the back-end.

Ducimus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registered users shut out?
What you're seeing is a Joomla access error. This is usually because a menu link that should be public and published is set as something above the users usergroup. Please review your menu links. Please also check within CB configuration on the user profile tab that profile access is at most set as registered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156473 by Ducimus2003
Replied by Ducimus2003 on topic Re: Registered users shut out?
"This is usually because a menu link that should be public and published is set as something above the users usergroup. Please review your menu links. Please also check within CB configuration on the user profile tab that profile access is at most set as registered. "

Thanks for the quick reply.
All my menu items are set at registered at most. And the user profile tab access is set to everyone. Still no access.

Here's the URL of the website if that can help. www.plinius.ca
If you want, I can email you my admin username and password if you wish to get an "inside look"

13 years 1 month ago #156474 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Registered users shut out?

Ducimus2003 wrote: All my menu items are set at registered at most. And the user profile tab access is set to everyone. Still no access.

The menu item pointing to Community Builder must be public (everyone).

13 years 1 month ago #156478 by Ducimus2003
Replied by Ducimus2003 on topic Re: Registered users shut out?

nant wrote:

Ducimus2003 wrote: All my menu items are set at registered at most. And the user profile tab access is set to everyone. Still no access.

The menu item pointing to Community Builder must be public (everyone).

I'm assuming you are talking about the CB Login module. It's up and available to all.

13 years 1 month ago #156480 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registered users shut out?
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn