[SOLVED] Downgrade user when plan expired

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156945 by zahmundzornig
[SOLVED] Downgrade user when plan expired was created by zahmundzornig
It sound very simple, but I can´t see the solution:

I have three plans:

Plan A = lifetime membership for customers (without costs)
Plan B = lifetime membership for trader (without costs)
Plan C = monthly fee for trader (with costs)

How can I manage it, that the plan-C-user fall back on plan B, when there plan expire?

I think, it´s basic, maybe I worked today to much and don´t see the solution. But a short explanation would be great!

Thanx!
Mike

www.zahmundzornig.de thanx joomlapolis for the great work and support!
Build with CB: www.jaii.de

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156989 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Downgrade user when plan expired
Believe only way you can do this is if the user actually upgraded from B to C, one way to force this is not allow C to be visible on registration this way it's on profile and always an upgrade. You could also make C a child plan of B so B would always be required to be subscribed to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157032 by zahmundzornig
Replied by zahmundzornig on topic Re: Downgrade user when plan expired
Thanx for your fast reply, Krileon!

Your first idea has the consequence, user has to do two steps to achieve the desired membership. I think, it´s not the best way.
Your second idea was in the beginning my choice, but the point is, you can´t choose Plan B seperatly. If plan C is a child of Plan B, and I choose Plan B, Plan C get also activated. Can you confirm this?
So, if we can´t avoide this (can´t we?), my idea is now to build a fourth plan, which is just a double of Plan B:

-> Plan C = lifetime membership for trader (without costs)
-> Plan D = monthly fee for trader (with costs)

If someone like to choose Plan B, Plan C will automaticly activate, which has the same terms. Little bit confusing for the members, but I think, it´s a matter of design and text.

13 years 1 month ago #157194 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Downgrade user when plan expired
Don't understand Plan C, why would you need a duplicate of B. You could do the below setup.

-> Plan C = monthly fee for trader (with costs)

Just make Plan C non-exclusive. This would mean it's NOT required in order to subscribe to Plan B.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157534 by zahmundzornig
Replied by zahmundzornig on topic Re: Downgrade user when plan expired
Thanx for your reply.
I found the solution.

I wrote: "If plan C is a child of Plan B, and I choose Plan B, Plan C get also activated."

That was my main problem and I looked for a workaround.

But the point was: Plan C was declinated as "Standard" plan. That was the reason for my problem above. I change the status of the plan and now I can choose Plan B without automatic activating Plan C.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn