Error building Admin Menus

13 years 1 month ago #157110 by stilton
Error building Admin Menus was created by stilton
Attempted to install Kunena forum on joomla 1.6 + CB 1.4 and after many issues I uninstalled and had errors pop up still causing me to restore from a recent backup without CB installed. Smooth restore on the directory & SQL but while installing CB again I received the error "Error building Admin Menus" and no menu shows in the components menu. My links to tab management, user management, etc still work with no problem and the frontend works fine but obviously this is an issue.

Has anyone had this and what is the fix other than reinstalling everything again?

Thanks,

Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157181 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Error building Admin Menus
Kunena is not Joomla 1.6 compatible. You restored from backup and likely messed up the database in doing so. Please restart from a fresh install. The error means it's failing to prepare and create the backend admin menu, but the error is not coming from CB (it is a Joomla error).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157253 by stilton
Replied by stilton on topic Re: Error building Admin Menus
Would the database be messed up even without the forum included in the backup? What is the best way to restore the db with events like this in the future? It's easy to do right now since I'm not yet live but would be devastating down the road! I did a simple SQL restore with cpanel this time...

Thanks,

Steve

13 years 1 month ago #157260 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Error building Admin Menus
There's really no fullproof backup method, the best is probably using a Joomla extension like Akeeba Backup, but I don't know if that's even Joomla 1.6 ready either.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn