Host claims MySQL load is too high shutdown domain

13 years 1 month ago #157330 by HatHead
Hello, I recently installed Community Builder - which is awesome - and have rec'd an email from Bluehost (my web host) telling me that my MySQL load is too high and they are threatening to cancel my hosting as a violation of their Terms of Service. There are only three CB accounts on the whole site and I haven't rolled it out to the public yet.

I just am starting to research this (little out of my depth) so any direction would be tremendously helpful - I would hate to lose my site/client.

Many thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157403 by krileon
Do you have anything else installed or was the blame simply jumped to CB? You've provided no version numbers such as Joomla, PHP, MYSQL, etc.. Have you reviewed the query count with Joomla debug mode on from frontend (displays at bottom of page with query info)?

CB is not meant for extremely low budget hosting (nor is Joomla for that matter), never heard of a host closing an account regardless though due to query count. Recommend switching to a more reliable and reputable hosting solution. Free hosts are absolutely out of the question as well.

Notice the claims below your host makes for $6.95/month. They're beyond ridiculous and are methods used to lure users into false pretenses. Unlimited is NEVER the case, the bandwidth is shared among ALL the users on that server.. this could be 2.. this could be 2,000.. ALL affecting your sites performance AND security. About the only realistic aspect is unlimited emails as storage usage is little to none.

Unlimited Domain Hosting
Unlimited GB Hosting Space
Unlimited GB File Transfer
Unlimited E-mail Accounts

Your host also supports 1 click Joomla, which means they need to provide the standards to power a Joomla site (if they're threatening query cut off then they do not support those standards).

Please note am not bashing your hosting provider am simply trying to help users be more aware of their hosting environments and lure tactics many providers use!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157407 by HatHead
Thanks for the reply - I don't think the problem necessarily is CB either or the problem would be widely reported (only found one other instance of this issue). I am still researching but I'm not an expert so trying to get up to speed - was hoping for a potential 'ah, do this then' type quick fix. I may have advanced support but that doesn't make me an advanced technical person :) The only change in my setup was CB so I started there (which doesn't mean of course that CB caused the issue).

I've had good experience with Bluehost for years now - both performance and support - they didn't have their "unlimited" pitch when I started with them (and clearly still don't or wouldn't be taking issue).

I will utilize the debugging you suggest and update this thread if the resolution is somehow connected with CB.

Many thanks krileon.

13 years 1 month ago #157535 by krileon
Please do let us know if you find anything. Would be interested to see if CB has gotten more heavy sense release after release, which really is inevitable, but as far as I am aware did not gain any further queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn