Field validatin in admin

13 years 1 month ago #157336 by KatoKalin
Field validatin in admin was created by KatoKalin
In the admin there is the option to turn off field validation. But even with this option set to "No", when editing fields or saving the user, the Ajax username check and the Ajax email check will do their validation. This is new in CB 1.4 and was not present in older CB versions.

I don´t think this is intentional. Turning off validation in admin area should turn off all validation otherwise admins option to override any erroneous are limited.

Or is there already a way to turn of Ajax validation as well?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157404 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Field validatin in admin
There's no way to turn off ajax checking in the backend. Turning off validation or anything of the sort will not disable the ajax checks. We've a bug ticket pending for known issues with ajax checking in backend however if you're experiencing issues with it being too slow or not completing its check at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157429 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re: Field validatin in admin
What puzzles me is the fact that it was not there in earlier versions:
Now when I do a simple task, for example to change a users profile picture, after clicking "Save" the Ajax checker fires. I am 100% sure this was not the case before with CB versions before 1.4. So I know Ajax off for the backend and it was better than on.

13 years 1 month ago #157434 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Field validatin in admin
I can't recall previous versions with any certainty, but as far as I am aware it has never been possible to disable ajax in backend. You likely did not notice in previous versions as in with CB 1.4 the ajax checking is incredibly slow, which is a bug we're aware of.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn