[SOLVED] Several questions

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157385 by TheJupiter
[SOLVED] Several questions was created by TheJupiter
1) (copied from forum AJAX FILE FIELD):

Fresh installation: J1.6 + CB1.4 + Ajax File Field 1.1
Ajax does not work (uploading fails - error 404): if field is used during registration or when i press "click to edit" button during ordinary opened profile page (not in the regime of editing profile). If I press "edit profile" when where is no placeholder "click to edit" and I simply select "Upload file" when click Update profile button and file is uploaded properly. Consequently, Ajax becomes useless in my case and I simply turn it off. But what is the problem in my case?

2) Dropdown menu: I need the folloding option - user have to select university from predifined list of universities in drop down menu, however, in case when his/her unviversity is not listed in dropdown menu, he should choose "Other" option in drop down menu and only in this case additional text field should appear allowing him to enter the name of his University. In his profile, only one field "University" should be shown. Is it possible to make it real?)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157409 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Several questions
Deleted your duplicate post, please only post once. Sometimes it takes awhile to get to other threads.

Ajax does not work (uploading fails - error 404): if field is used during registration or when i press "click to edit" button during ordinary opened profile page (not in the regime of editing profile). If I press "edit profile" when where is no placeholder "click to edit" and I simply select "Upload file" when click Update profile button and file is uploaded properly. Consequently, Ajax becomes useless in my case and I simply turn it off. But what is the problem in my case?

This is a known issue in 1.1 on Joomla 1.6, is fixed for next release.

2) Dropdown menu: I need the folloding option - user have to select university from predifined list of universities in drop down menu, however, in case when his/her unviversity is not listed in dropdown menu, he should choose "Other" option in drop down menu and only in this case additional text field should appear allowing him to enter the name of his University. In his profile, only one field "University" should be shown. Is it possible to make it real?)

Professional subscriber incubator project CB Conditional can provide this. You're needing conditional display of fields in profile edit and registration am guessing from your description.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157419 by TheJupiter
Replied by TheJupiter on topic Re: Several questions
thank you very much! how to update plugins? just re-install the one?

13 years 1 month ago #157435 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Several questions

TheJupiter wrote: thank you very much! how to update plugins? just re-install the one?

You just install the new over the old and it'll auto-upgrade. 1.2 has not released yet however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157462 by TheJupiter
Replied by TheJupiter on topic Re: Several questions
thank you again =)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn