[SOLVED] "View Profile" link in cb log in menu issue

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157483 by chicknotyst
Hi, I'm sorry I did search could not find any info on this issue. I'm sure it's my own stupidity but can't figure it out, so I appreciate any help :-)
I'm using Joomla 1.5 (I think that's what you call it, the one right before 1.6) and the newest CB. Still working on things, but installed Kunena, don't have it all configured yet.
Today, I set up the log in/registration box with the "view profile" link and "edit profile" link . Both worked fine. Suddenly the "view profile" now goes to the list of users instead of to my profile. I logged out and tried several test users, it will not go to the respective profile when I click that link. It shows me the list of all the site members instead. The edit profile linke does work fine.
Any thoughts on what I must have changed somewhere to create this error?
Thanks very much. ...amazing product by the way, I'm having a blast with this! (Well, except now that I can't figure something out, lol)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157516 by tinetto
I think you must have User Profile menu item (that is mandatory)
see page 14 of CB Installation guide or page 29 of CB Manual

bye
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

13 years 1 month ago #157540 by krileon
The above user is correct, the Joomla menu link to profile is required (states mandatory directly next to it). Without it CB will try to use userlist or any other closest Itemid for a CB related link, which of course will not behave correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157551 by chicknotyst
Replied by chicknotyst on topic Re: "View Profile" link in cb log in menu issue
Thank you SO much!! I did just fix it based on what you said, and now I'm laughing at how obvious what was wrong was.
Bear with me, I'm really new to Joomla and CB, and I don't know jack about programming or the underlying concepts really.
I can't believe what I did, figured I'd share in case it helps other some time. I knew about having to have that menu link to profile, I read it and I even put (stay) next to the link while I am still working on the site, so I didn't forget I needed it. Yesterday when I got the profile link in the log in box I unpublished the other profile link I had created in a user menu. I'm going to check the manual to see if there is anything I can do to hide that link now, as I really do like having it in the log in box, but if not ...oh well.
Thank you again, I spent all night spinning my wheels, and i KNEW the answer would be so obvious once someone told me :-D

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn