Customizing Registration page

13 years 1 month ago #157486 by RBGoldie
Customizing Registration page was created by RBGoldie
Trying to customize the registration page and do a few other things. Appreciate your help.

- change font weight on registration page
- omit ":" for fields that end in a question mark
- move long questions so they appear above their selection box.
- change info in "title" from Registration to my own custom title.
- change format/color for pop-up calendar
- change value for submit button from "Register" to "Enter" or "Submit"
- change text on "thank you" page when registration is completed to my own custom message
- add html to Welcome Email
- add value to registration so users can be filtered by list
- ability to export user list and all fields

americordbeta.com.previewdns.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157548 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Customizing Registration page

- change font weight on registration page

Done through CSS, simply edit your Joomla template CSS file and add the CSS to change font-weight.

- omit ":" for fields that end in a question mark

This is hardcoded, would require core edits. We don't support core edits so can't advise further.

- move long questions so they appear above their selection box.

Hardcoded to render the field values next to the field and not above. You could use some clever CSS to try and move them added to your Joomla template CSS file of course.

- change info in "title" from Registration to my own custom title.

You can change these by editing your CB language files and adjusting the respective string. See documentation for location of language files.

- change format/color for pop-up calendar

Again, done through CSS. You can change the defaults by editing calendar.css in your CB template folder.

- change value for submit button from "Register" to "Enter" or "Submit"

Again, done through language files.

- change text on "thank you" page when registration is completed to my own custom message

Again, done through language files.

- add html to Welcome Email

Is hardcoded not to support HTML, would require core edits. We don't support core edits so can't advise further.

- add value to registration so users can be filtered by list

Could add a new field via field management users complete and then filter a userlist by that field.

- ability to export user list and all fields

CB has no export feature, you'd need to do direct database exports using phpmyadmin or something of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RBGoldie

13 years 1 month ago #157560 by RBGoldie
Replied by RBGoldie on topic Re: Customizing Registration page
Thanks for your help. By the way, tried to change the font weight using CSS, without luck. I was able to change all other font attributes -- family, size, color, but not weight. I'll look at it again.

Thanks again.

13 years 1 month ago #157574 by krileon
Best to use Firebug for Firefox to test the CSS in advance as well as see what may need to be changed. Generally adding more selectors will give the style more "weight" for example "div ul li span" will have precedence over "div span". More on CSS usage at the following URL.

www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157579 by RBGoldie
Replied by RBGoldie on topic Re: Customizing Registration page
OK, thanks. I'm trying to download the language files and see that a new version (1.3) was uploaded a few months ago but can't find it. I found 1.2.2.

Thanks again.

13 years 1 month ago #157588 by krileon
We don't provide language files aside from default English which is included with CB. The community provides other languages, you'll need to contact the author of the language plugin for possible updates or check the forge below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb?jump=welcome

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn