sign in with twitter.. doesnt get the user email..

13 years 1 month ago #157874 by cookieboom
hi.
i have install facebook connect and twitter connect..

new user that sign in with facebook.. on cb 1.4 user management user email copied to database user..

but if user sign in with twitter doesn`t copied user email to database .. why?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157879 by nant
I believe this is explained in the documentation that comes with the Twitter plugin.

The twitter API does not return the email address.

13 years 1 month ago #157924 by krileon
Twitter can not and does not provide email address, only Facebook does and even then the email provided is NOT reliable as the user could provide a fake address or a proxy address, etc.. Typically you should not use email confirmation or expect emails to arrive to the user. If you need to confirm users then reliable admin approval is best approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn