All open groups show up under 'My Groups' section

13 years 1 month ago #158200 by noboundaires6289
All open groups show up under 'My Groups' section was created by noboundaires6289
I am currently using Groupjive 2.1 in a Joomla 1.6 environment, I have a tab called My Groups where a user can access the groups that they are joined to, the problem is that when a new group is created that is set as 'open' or 'Approval' mode, they show up on everyone's 'My Groups' tab. Is there a way to have a user see only the groups that they are joined to?

If this question has been answered already please forgive me for asking, but searching turned up no results.

Thank you in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158230 by krileon
My Groups shows the groups that user has created, not joined. The joined groups is under the Joined Groups tab. The My Groups tab should only show the groups owned by that specific user, if is showing otherwise would indeed be a bug, which can confirm is not the case. User As groups will not show under My Groups on User Bs profile, but if User B JOINS User As groups then those groups will show under User Bs Joined Groups tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #158249 by noboundaires6289
Replied by noboundaires6289 on topic Re: All open groups show up under 'My Groups' section
Is there any way of displaying the groups the user belongs to on the sidebar in a module?

13 years 1 month ago #158334 by krileon
No, there's no module to display a users joined groups. The module included with GJ can display various GJ related items, but does not display what groups the user has joined. This is displayed within the tab, it is a complex process for determining if a group should be visible to a user or not due to the many many access permission combination's possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn