Installing and selecting CB templates.

13 years 1 month ago #158489 by blechler
Installing and selecting CB templates. was created by blechler
Hi Everybody!

Having installed CB I'm trying to work my way up to the point where I can create my own template plugins. However, in coming to understand how this all works I was trying to take a look at some other templates available (which seem to be hard to find).

With the default install it seems that several other templates are included. With the default template in the #1 position, I have grey tabs when viewing a user's profile. I went ahead and moved the "Default" template to the bottom of the list. I would understand this to mean that the other five templates would then supersede Default, but I can see no difference.

I went so far as to create a simple template plugin that only contained the xml file and template.css. The template.css file was pretty much a copy of the template.css file from the default template with a few key modifications. After bumping it to the top of the template plugin list, it didn't override anything either.

I may start smoking again.

Any suggestions, hints, or chastising pointing me in the right direction would be welcome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158510 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Installing and selecting CB templates.
Best example I can suggest is our Coolness or MyCommunity templates which include CB and Joomla templates and are completely installable. Otherwise you can review the documentation for further details on editing and creating a template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #158623 by blechler
Replied by blechler on topic Re: Installing and selecting CB templates.
Well, it seems that the templates you are suggesting need to be purchased, which I don't really feel that I should need to do since I have no intention of using them. I did, however grab the Joomduck template JD1 . I installed it and moved it up to be the first in the list of templates.

The JD1 template is published, it has been moved up into the #1 position on the template list and it's access is set to public. The folder for JD1 is there (/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/jd1) but the css file is not being loaded.

The documentation discusses templates on page 146 (8.1 Template Plugins), but it just gives a screen shot and states that one can study and modify the existing code to create one's own template. Maybe I'm missing some documentation elsewhere.

13 years 1 month ago #158627 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Installing and selecting CB templates.
Moving the ordering of templates has no affect on what profile template is used. Please select your newly installed template within CB configuration on the user profile tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blechler

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn