Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Plugin for Sports Club membership

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158827 by catherinekerr
[SOLVED] Plugin for Sports Club membership was created by catherinekerr
I am a CB newbie having endless fun configuring :blink:
I am developing a website for a soccer club which (I hope) will also act as a member's database for the club.
I want potential members to be able to apply to join online and down the road for members to be able to pay their subscription online.
As the club is for kids only, the application form will typically be filled in by a parent, but I want to capture details for EACH child joining.
Is there a suitable add-on for sports club membership that will achieve this?
Thanks for your help.
CK
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #158977 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Plugin for Sports Club membership
Couldn't you just add additional fields to registration to ask about their childs details? As far as subscription management I highly recommend CBSubs. You can find more information regarding CBSubs at the below link.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #159002 by catherinekerr
Replied by catherinekerr on topic Re: Plugin for Sports Club membership
Thanks for prompt reply Kyle.
I did consider adding fields for children, but record could get very long. We're Irish :laugh:
I'd prefer to have a separate record for each child - will have to find a way around unique email address restriction as the communications need to go to the parent.
Is there a demo of CB Subs?
Thanks,
Catherine

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #159006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Plugin for Sports Club membership

I'd prefer to have a separate record for each child - will have to find a way around unique email address restriction as the communications need to go to the parent.

By doing this you'll need to make core edits and likely break CB and Joomla in the process. Username, User ID, and Email should always be unique. Nearly all extensions relying on either of those rely on them being unique.

Is there a demo of CB Subs?

Sure is, please see the below link.

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #159077 by catherinekerr
Replied by catherinekerr on topic Re: Plugin for Sports Club membership
Don't worry - I wasn't planning on changing the core code :whistle:
I thought of maybe defaulting the email address to foo.username@mydomain.com or something like that.
Thanks for link to demo.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon