Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Legacy Plug-in required for Joomla! 1.5.22?

• wjvonalt
  • wjvonalt
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158919 by wjvonalt
I've successfully installed Community Builder with older versions of Joomla! that I knew required the Legacy plug-in to function, and natively on Joomla! 1.6.

I understood Community Builder 1.4 to run natively on Joomla! 1.5.x; however, upon installing 1.4 on my latest Joomla! 1.5.22 instance, mod_cblogin will not install via Extension Manager and instead yields the common error:

"Your Extension appears to be written for an older version of Joomla!. You must enable the System - Legacy Plugin in the Plugin Manager if you wish to complete this task."

Is enabling the Legacy plug-in really necessary to install CB 1.4 on Joomla 1.5.22? If not, any ideas why this would be occurring and how to proceed with the install?

Thanks in advance!

--
Bill
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #158930 by nant
CB 1.4 on Joomla 1.5.22 does not need legacy plugin enabled and Joomla 1.6 does not have such a layer.

CB 1.4 installs ok on all stable versions of Joomla without any need for legacy plugins.

So does the CB Login module.

• wjvonalt
  • wjvonalt
13 years 1 month ago #159009 by wjvonalt
Thanks for your speedy reply, Nick!

Here's my problem though: I know that CB 1.4 is not *supposed* to require the legacy plug-in on Joomla 1.5.22; however, it *is*.

My fresh Joomla 1.5.22 install installed the CB 1.4 component without issue, but will not permit me to install any of the modules because it throws the "looks like this was written for an older version... legacy plug-in must be enabled..." error.

Any thoughts on what could be going on there? I'm happy to share logs or temporary backend logins if necessary.

--
Bill

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 1 month ago #159015 by krileon
"Install Module Success" on Joomla 1.5.22 with Legacy OFF. Something you've installed perhaps needs legacy. Same results with all 3 modules. Please ensure you're using CB 1.4 package (downloaded directly from Joomlapolis and tested).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wjvonalt
  • wjvonalt
13 years 1 month ago #159019 by wjvonalt
The only thing I've installed on this otherwise "vanilla" 1.5.22 instance is the js_elated template from Joomlashack which does not require legacy.

However, I understand that it has worked for others and should be working for me.

I will blow away the database and start from scratch, and report results back here when complete.

• wjvonalt
  • wjvonalt
13 years 1 month ago #159028 by wjvonalt
Fresh database; fresh Joomla 1.5.22 install (downloaded from Joomla.org); fresh CB 1.4.0 (yes, downloaded originally from Joomlapolis and now residing on my desktop through all of these trials).

Here are the results from Take 3 ;-) :

Initial Joomla install checks show that all system requirements are met and are "green". Sample data installs just fine.

CB com_profiler installs without issue. All is "green".

mod_cblogin (and mod_comprofilerOnline and mod_comprofilerModerator) will not install and give the standard error:

"Your Extension appears to be written for an older version of Joomla!. You must enable the System - Legacy Plugin in the Plugin Manager if you wish to complete this task."

So frustrating... I'd love to run 1.6 as I do for some other sites, but the calendar extension I need for this site isn't compatible for 1.6 yet. As best I can tell there aren't really any very capable calendar extensions for 1.6 yet. So I decide to back the site down to 1.5.22 to make it work with that extension, and now even the basic stuff like a CB install fails for no good reason. Makes me long for the days of writing HTML 1.0 in notepad ;-) (not really)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon