URGENT: Uninstalling GJ1.8 broke GJ2.1

13 years 1 month ago #158925 by justmebg
URGENT: Uninstalling GJ1.8 broke GJ2.1 was created by justmebg
Site: www.freespermdonorregistry.com
Joomla 1.5

Significant portions of my site are now returning a 404-Component Not Found error. My users are experiencing serious degradation in services.

I recently completed the conversion to GroupJive 2.1 after about two weeks of migrating, testing, etc. Tonight I uninstalled the old GroupJive component, and now all the group links for GroupJive 2.1 are returning a 404 error.

I tried reinstalling the 2.1 plugin, no change. Tools reports no errors. I would love to try reinstalling 1.8 component and see if this fixes it, but now I can not locate the file in the downloads as it has been unpublished (or so it seems).

Please help me address this quickly, my users are seeing errors in the production system for as long as this persists.

Beth G

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158926 by justmebg
Replied by justmebg on topic Re: URGENT: Uninstalling GJ1.8 broke GJ2.1
This appears to be an SEF issue. I'm not sure why uninstalling the 1.8 component had anything to do with this, maybe it was a bizarre coincidence but I don't think so. I turned off the SEF URL and the links are now working. However, Kunena needs SEF on to functions properly and for other various reasons we need this on.

Is this something wrong with my setup, or an issue with plugin itself?

Beth G

13 years 1 month ago #158963 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: URGENT: Uninstalling GJ1.8 broke GJ2.1
GJ 1.8 has nothing to do with GJ 2.x. 1 is a CB plugin and another is a Joomla extension. They're worlds apart. Their links are 100% built differently as well. Of course your GJ 1.8 menu links will not work, you need to create GJ 2.x menu links. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration then re-test to see what the true error is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn