[SOLVED] How to add help text or button to Profile

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #159390 by ignatius2
Hi guys,

What would be the easiest way to add a couple of "help" paragraphs above my tabs in the CB profile or edit tabs windows... or else a help button in the top menu (alongside connections and Edit)?

I could not find anything to that effect in the forum.

Thanks

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #159470 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to add help text or button to Profile
Best I can suggest is editing the tab descriptions (if custom tabs created in tab management) or using delimiter fields (set not to display on profile). Neither of these solutions would be much helpful for SOME tabs created by plugins as they'd need to be designed to render the description.

As for a button you could create a new tab with the display as "Button with Sticky overlay" then add a delimiter field to that tab. Once clicked would display your delimiter (custom HTML, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #159527 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic Re: How to add help text or button to Profile
Thanks Kyle,

I'll explore these options ASAP...

But what about ABOVE the tabs, or underneath the photos or page title... Could there be room there for a little introduction or help text?

Thanks

John

13 years 1 month ago #159550 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to add help text or button to Profile

But what about ABOVE the tabs, or underneath the photos or page title... Could there be room there for a little introduction or help text?

For this you'd need to create a new tab in a position above or same position as the tab you want to add text above ensuring the tab is configured to raw display without title. Once done you can add a delimiter field to that tab with your intro text.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ignatius2

13 years 1 month ago #159608 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic Re: How to add help text or button to Profile
I'll try thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn