500 errors on link to memberlist and registration

13 years 1 month ago #159399 by iaate
The site was fine before the upgrade then once upgraded from 1.2.3 to 1.4 the links to the members list and to the CBSubs registration don't work. I get a 500 error. I have reinstalled both to no avail. Unfortunately the person who performed the original upgrade didn't get a backup done so I can't roll back the changes.
What would be the other possible solution to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #159486 by krileon
What upgrade process was used? CB 1.4 supports "install-upgrade" which means you simply install via Joomla extension manager and it takes care of the upgrading. Expert upgrade is not necessary on J1.5 and J1.6 or is uninstall. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then attempt to view a userlist to see what error is present. Very likely an incompatibility with another extension or CB plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #159513 by iaate
The upgrade was done via the extension manager.
I did enable error reporting but when I try the link I get the 500 error and no debugging is displayed. You can see the issue yourself at:
iaate.org (The only two links with that issue are Members Only/Members Directory and Join IAATE)
The only odd things I found when running the tools were the three plugins that are enabled but show in the plugins table as:
CB plugin "Business Listings": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "DT Register Records": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "My Events Posted": no database or no database description.
All the others pass the check.

13 years 1 month ago #159528 by nant
Please turn sef off and try those links again.

There should be some more information in your error server log.

13 years 1 month ago #159574 by iaate
Hi,

I've done that. The server error log only shows that the 500.shtml page doesn't exist.
Disabled sef and still all I get when I try to get to the links now is a 303 which means no debug is output.
Since there is no redirection as the links are direct links to the component I can't figure out what is going on.

13 years 1 month ago #159587 by krileon
Please enable debug mode AND maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Without the 2 set you will see just a generic 500 error or blank page with no debug info. Viewing your SEF links they do not look correctly constructed as if from Joomla only. Please ensure there is no 3rd party SEF in use. If issue persists please PM backend login credentials (making a backup before doing so as debug steps will be used).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn