[SOLVED] Problem by showing values - grazy placeholders

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159670 by jupileon
Hello,

I´m peparing my CB 1.4 in my sandbox for launching omline. I´m using the german translation an at all in the basic CB everything works fine.
But in GroupJive 2.2 I´ve the problem that all values, not hardcoded - taken from the configuration, e.g. attached pic1 and pic2
, are shown in a different format and with thesse placeholders ===\value/--- e.g. pic3 . Both in back- and frontend!

So i hope you can help me solving this problem - i have no idea where to start searching.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159842 by krileon
Don't understand what your issue is. Please clarify further. The backend overrides are optional, please read the note directly before override parameters. They do not have to be used in your translations. Overrides do not function in backend, they're frontend only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159854 by jupileon
Hi, thanks for your answer. So first of all - I didn´t translate anything by myself - so i took the actual translation files for GroupJive 2.2 from forge - the link was posted in this forum.
In the backend i´ve no problem with the shown placeholders, but as you can see in pic 2 - the same problem appears in the frontend.
So perhaps you can tell me in wich file I can check the missing overrides. So I found out, that all translations - hardcoded in the language files are shown correctly, but every value taken out from the configuration in the Backend are shown wrong - e.g.: instead of *Benutzer* --> ===\Benutzer/--- ! So instead of "Benutzer" you can take any Value defined in the Backend.

So hopefully you now know my issue

THX

13 years 3 weeks ago #159883 by krileon
Overrides have no translation strings, you can add them however, but our parse script is unable to build translation strings from variables. So you'll need to add manually an override to your language files to translate it. Alternatively in your translation strings you can omit the override entirely as instructed in the note.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159889 by jupileon
Sorry, but I think we are talking about two different things. I´m not searching for a way to parse translation strings from variables. I only would like to have a correct "Display" from the set values. So in the Backend I´m able to write the variable for users - i fill in the field the word "Benutzer". Now in the Frontend I´d liked to see my variable shown as *Benutzer*, but it is displayed as ===\Benutzer/--- ! All "hardcoded" translated values e.g. for type: *open*, hardcoded translated as Offen is shown correct *Offen*. So I really hope that you see my issue now. And please where can I find the note you are talking from.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159897 by krileon
I see, you have language debugging turn on; thought you had this on by intention. Please navigate to CB configuration and on the integrations tab disable translation debugging.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn