error message

13 years 3 weeks ago #159804 by hadson11
error message was created by hadson11
hi
i got this error message after paying to paypal:

: htmlentities() [function.htmlentities]: charset `windows-1255' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /home2/jimjumco/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors/paypal/cbpaidsubscriptions.paypal.php on line 950

what do i have to change?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159853 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: error message
PHP function htmlentities does not support windows-1255, I believe this is Hebrew? Please check that your site is running in UTF-8. You may need to check the charset header of your Joomla template; the below example is what should be present.
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="content-type">

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159857 by hadson11
Replied by hadson11 on topic Re: error message
so this should be in the template.php?

13 years 3 weeks ago #159887 by krileon
Believe so, I just know Joomla should be running in UTF-8 for complete compatibility. windows-1255 is lacking support from numerous PHP function. Most cases this is defined in your template index.php when 3rd party. Default Joomla template doesn't define this at all, which means default of UTF-8 is used. You can test by switching to default Joomla template and confirming if issue still present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159888 by hadson11
Replied by hadson11 on topic Re: error message
ok i'll try that

13 years 3 weeks ago #159896 by krileon
The content-type should never be defined in the Joomla template directly unless using Joomla 1.x and even then it should be pulling _ISO. Joomla 1.5.x and greater adds content type automatically (valid types such as UTF-8). So removing content type from template entirely should resolve the issue unless something else is still setting the pages content type (you'd need to review source of the page you're viewing and look in the Head).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn