[SOLVED] cannot nav user list admin side edit user

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #160162 by klempit
Hi guys, we have CB 1.2.1, CB Subs 1.0.3.

All issues relate to the admin side below... and all worked fine yesterday, and there have been no changes to the site.

Cannot page through list of users (clicking "next" or page numbers does nothing). The function is shown on URL (e.g., "...index2.php#next" or "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers#2")

When we attempt to edit a user through CB User Manager, there are no tabs displayed. cannot "save" or "cancel" from within the user edit function. When you click save button, URL is updated "index2.php#save" but nothing happens.

Have tried on three different machines and in FF and Chrome. All same issue.

Any ideas? Need more info to debug? Thank you for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #160168 by krileon

Hi guys, we have CB 1.2.1, CB Subs 1.0.3.

You are significantly out of date, please upgrade to CB 1.4 and CBSubs 1.1.2.

All issues relate to the admin side below... and all worked fine yesterday, and there have been no changes to the site.

Something was changed, it is literally impossible for CB to "time bomb".

Cannot page through list of users (clicking "next" or page numbers does nothing). The function is shown on URL (e.g., "...index2.php#next" or "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers#2")

Paging is JS based, please review browser error console for any fatal errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #160170 by klempit
Thanks for the response; can attempt upgrade but will need time to test...

here is the browser error log: (FF)

Error: cbParentForm is not defined
Source File: www.mysite.com/administrator/index2.php
Line: 1

13 years 1 month ago #160179 by klempit
A related question: have any of the tables supporting CB or CB Subs changed in such a way that our proprietary applications which might report on or otherwise use these tables require modification?

13 years 1 month ago #160188 by krileon

Error: cbParentForm is not defined
Source File: www.mysite.com/administrator/index2.php
Line: 1

Would seam something is conflicting, can't say for sure what though. This is a function defined in cb12.js.

A related question: have any of the tables supporting CB or CB Subs changed in such a way that our proprietary applications which might report on or otherwise use these tables require modification?

Can't recall, but not likely. CB 1.4 has a DIV based layout, but table based is still present. Recommend switching to DIV and updating your applications to rely on the new layout as CB 2.0 will likely eliminate table usage all together.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klempit

13 years 1 month ago #160565 by klempit
Upgrading to CB / CB Subs latest versions did resolve the issues on this thread, so I have to say, "thank you" for helping identify possible causes. Must have been an update to PHP or another hosting element (auto or manual - not sure) that caused the conflict to appear... will try to investigate and if we find anything out will post a f/u thread re old versions of CB and related issue). Following the upgrade instructions carefully from our versions to latest (including the BACKUP!), made this a painless resolution.

Thanks again. You can close the thread.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn