What is this after i upload a plug in

13 years 1 month ago #160330 by bcdonovan87
What is this after i upload a plug in was created by bcdonovan87
I get this when i attempt to upload plugins in CB

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:169 Stack trace: #0 /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(169): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('???????Mac OS X...') #1 /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(144): cbInstaller->isPackageFile('/home/bdmedi5/p...') #2 /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(66): cbInstaller->findInstallFile() #3 /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(2788): cbInstaller->upload('/home/bdmedi5/p...') #4 /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(333): installPl in /home/bdmedi5/public_html/ribarandgrills.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

any idea?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #160436 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: What is this after i upload a plug in
Appears you're on a MAC and have downloaded likely through Safari. This causes the ZIP packages to unzip and rezip with _MACOSX folder, you'll need to remove this from the zip package and re-upload.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #160462 by bcdonovan87
Replied by bcdonovan87 on topic Re: What is this after i upload a plug in
I am having an issue with CB Profilewall. When i write a test message on my template it shows the word entry with a - not showing the message but when i use a standard joomla template it shows up. Is there anyway to change this to work for my template? Thanks.

13 years 1 month ago #160660 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: What is this after i upload a plug in
Not sure what this has to do with your original issue, can you please confirm resolved?

I can not comment on your third party template, please contact the templates developers. CB only supports and is tested on Joomlapolis released templates and Joomla default templates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn