cbsubs : run a shell command on activation

13 years 1 month ago #160416 by soma9
Just like SQL action on activation, I would like to run a shell command (copy) along with the SQL action.

Because the SQL action copies a filename from another table and the corresponding joomla extension's php code looks for it in a particular directory.

Is there a way to run the copy command as well ? Not sure how to mix shell commands with stored procedure variables.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #160446 by krileon
You could run a PHP copy command using CBSubs URL to execute a PHP file. CBSubs URL allows making GET, POST, and XML requests on a URL of your choice. This could be a PHP file that performs the PHP copy for you. It's possible to pass user data with this request as substitutions are supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn