Auto Image Resize when Uploading in Gallery Tab?

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167304 by eybel
So I set a Maximum size: 700 and I picked a picture of the Windows Sample Pictures and I got a sad message "Maximum allowable single upload size exceeded - gallery item rejected
".

Does the Profile Gallery plugin count with a Auto Image Resize feature or not?

This was something Unexpected for me. If the user has to resize every picture to compliance with the requirements of the settings, thats something obtrusive for the user.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167306 by nant

eybel wrote: So I set a Maximum size: 700 and I picked a picture of the Windows Sample Pictures and I got a sad message "Maximum allowable single upload size exceeded - gallery item rejected
".

Does the Profile Gallery plugin count with a Auto Image Resize feature or not?

This was something Unexpected for me. If the user has to resize every picture to compliance with the requirements of the settings, thats something obtrusive for the user.

Thanks.

The message refers to the filesize of image not its dimensions.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167309 by eybel
I know that the message refers to the Size in Kbytes, when I say Auto Image Resize I am talking about the weight of the file to Upload not about dimensions.

In the other hand the bigger the picture the more heavy the file is.

So my question is, does this CB system has the feature to Auto Adjust pictures or the User has to "fix" the picture in order to upload it? regular users don't know how to do this, even though some of them have an idea, this is tedious for any user. Any feature/plugin released or not available yet?

If not I ll change the limits to 1 MB, but a .js could be helpful in order to prevent excessive use of HD in the server.

I've seen .js that would resize and/or lower the weight of files of a specific folder and eliminates the original files once uploaded to the server, just a tip for the performance of this Plugin. That could eliminate the Limits of picture to upload leaving an open Window for any kind of picture, the .js would do the rest on the server size.

Thanks nant.

PD: Flash could also help.. easy to implement EXAMPLE

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167319 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Auto Image Resize when Uploading in Gallery Tab?
As far as i know, the latest Profile Gallery does resize your pictures on upload. Just check the plugin tab parameters and the help tooltip:

The following params are the final picture dimensions AFTER upload. Those are the re-sized dimensions.
Maximum width:
Maximum height:

Same applies for the thumbnails params.

Upload filesize:
Yes, you can allow bigger file uploads with a higher setting here:
Maximum SIZE:

Also remember to adjust the storage quota accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eybel

12 years 10 months ago #167375 by krileon
Don't understand what you're wanting. CB already re-sizes the images through re-sampling. We don't keep the original, it's discarded. We keep a copy of the maximum sized image as well as a thumbnail, which are both used. We've plans for better handling of images with release of CB 2.0, but what is current is set in stone until then.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eybel

12 years 10 months ago #167422 by eybel
My bad guys. I thought that increasing the Limit was going to be a problem, I double checked and the picture was resized and the original was discarded. By the way when is C.B 2.0 going to be released? thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn