Antispam User Login captcha fixed?

10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #244029 by drchamp52
Antispam User Login captcha fixed? was created by drchamp52
Was wondering when this User Log In Captcha issue might be fixed?
CB 1.9.1 and AntiSpam 1.2.1

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/223231-4313-captcha-not-working

This from Kyle posting 5 months ago...
It's not working due to Joomla SEF. When Joomla SEF is enabled it does not populate GET or POST, but only REQUEST. This causes an issue with it being able to determine the form POST came from CB Login. This should be fixed in CB though as we populate POST/GET in our router.php. Was CB modified in any way or is our router.php missing from components/com_comprofiler/? I'll see if I can remove this check for next CB AntiSpam release, but for now you won't be able to use CB Login module captcha with Joomla SEF enabled (all other captcha usages from CB AntiSpam will work fine).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #244073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Antispam User Login captcha fixed?
It shouldn't be an issue to begin with. I've no real explanation as why that particular users install is missing POST data. CBs router.php populates POST with REQUEST data so it shouldn't be a problem. At any rate, no the ticket is still open as I have yet to investigate the issue further. All incubator projects will receive new releases after CB 2.0 stable as I currently do not have the time to split my development time between multiple projects.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 days ago #244166 by drchamp52
Replied by drchamp52 on topic Antispam User Login captcha fixed?
Thanks for the reply.

I have the same issue with my installation. I have the latest CB AntiSpam and only by setting entire site SEO to off will the captcha work.

That is unfortunate. It was the reason for me purchasing the Advanced Membership just a few days ago so I have access to that plugin.

If that plugin will not work
Thanks
~D

10 years 4 days ago #244187 by krileon
This only affects login captcha when SEF is enabled. It has no affect anywhere else. The other login protections also are still fully functional (auto blocking, duplicate login, etc...). The reason for the bug is missing POST data when SEF is enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drchamp52

10 years 4 days ago #244191 by drchamp52
Replied by drchamp52 on topic Antispam User Login captcha fixed?
I believe that SEO on/offis a site wide thing or third party component. Or, did I miss on/off someplace in CB login?
Thanks

10 years 4 days ago #244193 by krileon
The issue only affects the login captcha. It does not affect any other captcha usages. So you can use SEF, but you won't be able to use login captcha. However, the login spam protections still work fine regardless (auto blocking, duplicate login attempts, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: drchamp52

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn