[#4313] Captcha not working

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #235890 by mbs
[#4313] Captcha not working was created by mbs
Installed Quickstart Pro bundle with no problem. However, the bundled CB Captcha plugin (v.2.4) doesn't seem to work with CB Login module (v.1.9). Have activated the plugin for use with the CB Login module in the plugin configuration ('Include Captcha check in CB Login: Yes'), and have also enabled CB Plugins integration in the CB Login module settings ('CB Plugins integration: Yes'). User is able to login without completing the secure code field of the Captcha. Please advise.

Joomla! 3.1.5 Stable [ Ember ] 01-August-2013 14:00 GMT
PHP 5.4.4-14
MySQL 5.1.72

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #235920 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Captcha not working
CB Captcha is depreciated. Please install CB AntiSpam as it includes captcha in addition to other security features. Within its configuration you can enable captcha for CB login and various other core locations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #235941 by mbs
Replied by mbs on topic Captcha not working
Thanx for your advices, Kyle. Disabled CB Captcha and installed/enabled CB Anti-Spam plugin, but still not working. To constrain public forum access, have logged a private support ticket instead, providing back-end access details to the development instance. Thank you for your assistance to date - much appreciated.

10 years 5 months ago #235961 by krileon
Please do not open tickets while already receiving support. This splits the support and causes issues plus delays. Please from now on use one or the other. Tickets are only if you want the support instance to be 100% private otherwise it offers no benefit over forums.

For CB AntiSpam to provide captcha in the login module you need to first ensure you're using a CB Login module. It does not work with any other login modules. Once confirmed ensure Plugins integrations is enabled within your module. Next navigate to CB > Plugin Management and ensure CB AntiSpam is enabled. Now go to CB > Plugin Management > CB AntiSpam > Config > Captcha > Legacy and set "Login" to "Enable". You should now see captcha on your login module. If not ensure you're not using Joomla cache as the output could be cached; if using cache disable it or purge it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #235965 by mbs
Replied by mbs on topic Captcha not working
Hi Kyle - please do not assume that I am ignorant of support rules and protocol, as you have clearly done. I deliberately opened a support ticket so as to keep super admin access details to the problematic instance private. You have also missed the point - all configuration settings for all modules/plugins are absolutely correct as far as I can see, but visitor login is possible without captcha values being entered by the site visitor. It appears that captcha is not active, or has been disabled for some unknown reason - as a bog-standard site, this should not occur. Please access the instance using the details I have provided in the support ticket, for further investigation. I await your response with interest...

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #235989 by krileon
Warning: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 791

Believe this maybe causing your issue as it prevents the query from clearing. Please apply both fixes below and see if issue resolves. I was not able to confirm on a clean install, which means is highly likely related to your install (probably due to the above).

Part 1:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/222189-user-login-forgot-login-doesnt-work?limitstart=0#231858

Part 2:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/222189-user-login-forgot-login-doesnt-work?start=6#231990

Once applied and the warnings are gone be sure to check CB AntiSpam > Config > Captcha > General as the test captcha should be rendering fine (currently isn't).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn