user login - Forgot Login doesn't work

10 years 9 months ago #231863 by mwweb
Replied by mwweb on topic user login - Forgot Login doesn't work
That's all I changed. I still can't get the recover password to work. I fill out the form and I don't get an error message. I just don't get an email with the login information

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #231876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic user login - Forgot Login doesn't work
Do you still get the warning though? Please also note administrators can not reset their passwords for security purposes. Ensure you're testing with a regular registered user. Please also change to default Joomla template as you should see a success or error message after the form posts, but if your template is missing the message tag it won't display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231982 by mwweb

Yes, I'm still getting the warning, no matter which template I use. And yes, I'm using a regular registered user, not a super user. Now its saying line 1585.
Attachments:

10 years 9 months ago #231990 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic user login - Forgot Login doesn't work
Your screenshot is not the correct place to make the edit. Please see my post below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/222189-user-login-forgot-login-doesnt-work?limitstart=0

Please try the below additional fix and see if your errors go away.

IN: /administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.database.php
ON: Lines 1232 - 1236
		if ( is_object( $cur ) && get_class( $cur ) == 'mysqli_result' ) {
			mysqli_free_result( $cur );
		} else {
			mysql_free_result( $cur );
		}
TO:
		if ( is_callable( array( $this->_db, 'freeResult' ) ) ) {
			$this->_db->freeResult( $cur );
		} elseif ( is_object( $cur ) && get_class( $cur ) == 'mysqli_result' ) {
			mysqli_free_result( $cur );
		} else {
			mysql_free_result( $cur );
		}

Aside from that I don't have anything more to advise, sorry. The above fixes have confirmed resolved the issue on over 3 installs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yocto42

10 years 9 months ago #231996 by mwweb
Ok, I did that. But it still doesn't work. :(
But I no longer get the error message in debut mode. I just don't get the password. Not sure what's happening.

10 years 9 months ago #231998 by mwweb
I think maybe it has something to do with emailing from the site. I tried another form and it didn't work either. So I'll look into that.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn