user login - Forgot Login doesn't work

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231679 by mwweb
When I try to use the Forgot Login on one of my websites, I enter my username and email, but I don't receive an email with my login information.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #231682 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic user login - Forgot Login doesn't work
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to use Forgot Login and see if any errors/messages are exposed (ignore debug info at bottom of page). Note administrators can not use Forgot Login for security purposes so please ensure you're testing with a registered user. Please also check your spam folder to see if your email just being sent to spam. If not then please use Mass Mailer on your self within CB > User Management to ensure emails are even sending.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231695 by mwweb
Replied by mwweb on topic user login - Forgot Login doesn't work
This is the error message I get:

Warning: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 791

10 years 9 months ago #231706 by beat
Replied by beat on topic user login - Forgot Login doesn't work
I have just issued a pull request for fixing this Joomla 3.1.5 bug here:

joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=31683
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/1674

It's just adding a "@" at the right place, like diffed here:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/1674.diff

If you have time to test that fix, it would be really great to add a comment to the tracker:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=31683
with "@test success"

That would be greatly appreciated and a contribution to Joomla to get the fix into upcoming Joomla 3.1.6.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231818 by mwweb
Replied by mwweb on topic user login - Forgot Login doesn't work
Did that (added to line 525), then did a debug again and got this error when trying to recover a password.

Warning: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 793

Do I need to add @ in this section too? Sorry, just starting to learn php

protected function freeResult($cursor = null)
{
mysqli_free_result($cursor ? $cursor : $this->cursor);
if ((! $cursor) || ($cursor === $this->cursor))
{
$this->cursor = null;
}
}

10 years 9 months ago #231858 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic user login - Forgot Login doesn't work
You only need to perform the below edit.

IN: /libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php
ON: Line 525
			if (is_object($this->cursor))
			{
				$this->freeResult();
			}
			$memoryBefore = memory_get_usage();
TO:
			if (is_object($this->cursor))
			{
				@$this->freeResult();
			}
			$memoryBefore = memory_get_usage();

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vnsgobinda

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn