[#4313] Captcha not working

10 years 6 months ago #236015 by mbs
Replied by mbs on topic Captcha not working
Hi Kyle - thanx for your advices, but your recommended fixes do not solve the problem. Besides the fact that I have now discovered that the same problem exists with other sites I have previously commissioned with Joomla v.3.1.5 and CB Quickstart Pro, I have also confirmed that this problem also exists on an absolutely clean install, whether the fixes are applied or not. Have a look at the instance previously advised of in my support ticket, except substitute 'preprod2' for 'preprod1' (change '1' to '2'). Use the same access details as provided in the support ticket - I have also validated 'demouser' for you as an ordinary registered user. Please investigate further and advise - many thanx in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #236050 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Captcha not working
It's not working due to Joomla SEF. When Joomla SEF is enabled it does not populate GET or POST, but only REQUEST. This causes an issue with it being able to determine the form POST came from CB Login. This should be fixed in CB though as we populate POST/GET in our router.php. Was CB modified in any way or is our router.php missing from components/com_comprofiler/? I'll see if I can remove this check for next CB AntiSpam release, but for now you won't be able to use CB Login module captcha with Joomla SEF enabled (all other captcha usages from CB AntiSpam will work fine).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #236055 by mbs
Thanx for tracking this one down, Kyle. For now I've disabled the CB AntiSpam captcha facility on the CB Login module for the sites concerned, as the clients would be more unhappy to note that the URL is no longer 'SEO-friendly' (not that they really understand what SEO is all about, anyway). The CB that I installed came from the Quickstart Pro package, was not modified in any way, and I can confirm that router.php does indeed exist in the directory concerned. It's imperative that the CB AntiSpam captcha be made to work with the CB Login module eventually, however, as there are bots doing the rounds that attempt automated logins and registrations - I've had to clean the logs more frequently recently, due to precisely this factor. Nonetheless, thank you very much for your assistance in this regard, and I look forward to the eventual release of the updated CB AntiSpam plugin and/or CB, as the case may be. Have a great day/night!

10 years 6 months ago #236067 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Captcha not working
For now you can enable auto blocking for login attempts. This will prevent robots from brute forcing login attempts. CB AntiSpam can keep track of failed login attempts. When a configured number of failed attempts (I think it's 5 by default) is reached it blocks their IP. Captcha would of course be nice to have here too, but CB AntiSpam can at least help you out. CB AntiSpam also as prune URLs to clean logs that you can setup with CRON so no manual work on your part to keep the tables clean.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #236074 by mbs
Thanx Kyle. Will certainly check out how best to leverage CB AntiSpam's functionality for these sites - the plug-in is actually new to me. In the past I've mostly used Akeeba's Admin Tools product together with OS scripts for such administration, but there is certainly nothing preventing me striving for the best of both worlds, so to speak. Thanx for your guidance in this regard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn