e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin

9 years 4 months ago #255052 by jstuardo
Hello...

I am using cbconnect to integrate my site with Facebook. It works when I register my user into the site, however, when the user tries to login again, a message telling that e-mail already is in use is shown.

What is the problem with the plugin?

Thanks
Jaime

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255117 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin
Joomla version? CB version? CB Connect version? CB Connect 6.0.4 should be released soon, but please ensure you're using currently up to date CB Connect 6.0.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #255154 by jstuardo
Replied by jstuardo on topic e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin
I have found where the problem is, but it has no solution, however it is not important to solve right now.

The scenario is. I had a development site where I implemented facebook connection. I have registered using my facebook account.

Later, I deployed the site in production, changing the domain name. After that, my account thrown that error when trying to login.

New accounts have no problem.

Why does the domain name interfere with login process? I have no idea, however, this is not urgent because if new users have no problems, it is OK.

Best regards
Jaime

9 years 4 months ago #255195 by krileon
The social sites use strict domain matching. If there's a mismatch the request is completely denied. It's just how their security functions. This shouldn't be an issue though if you're using the same application and your Facebook ID is in the appropriate CB Connect field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #255434 by jstuardo
Replied by jstuardo on topic e-mail already in use with cbconnect plugin
CB is 2.0.2 and Joomla 3.3.3

I have deleted my account so that I could start over, and the same problem occurs.

I can register with Facebook. After registration, user is logged in automatically. Then I log out. Then when trying to log in again, system says that "e-mail address is already in use"

Site is www.hagaloustedmismo.cl. You can try it if you wish.

Regards
Jaime

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #255490 by krileon
Your CB release is out of date. Update to CB 2.0.4 then install CB Connect 6.0.4. If you're getting email already in use that means your Facebook account is not linked to a CB account. Login to your CB account and use the Link button.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn