[#3314] Events issue with CB 1.8

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193187 by mine2sel
[#3314] Events issue with CB 1.8 was created by mine2sel
Hi!

To explain my issue I have developed a small user plugin ( bot ) called "CB Trigger Test" (see the attached file) that contains two methods, testUserRegistration and testUserUpdate which are called (triggered) respectively when a user is registered ( onAfterUserRegistration event) and when a user profile is updated (onAfterUserUpdate event).
This plugin works perfectly with CB 1.7.x and all previous CB versions (see the following pictures)

The test with CB 1.7.0 and Joomla 1.7

The test with CB 1.7.1 and Joomla 1.5

But the problem is when I install the plugin on CB 1.8 and I try to register (create a new user), these both events onAfterUserRegistration and onAfterUserUpdate are triggered and both methods testUserRegistration and testUserUpdate are called in the same time instead of one method testUserRegistration in the normal case
(Please see the following picture)

The test with CB 1.8 and Joomla 2.5

What is the problem? Is there anything I should checking or changing? Or it is a CB 1.8 bug?

Any help will be very appreciated!!

Thank you!

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_cbtrig...test.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193262 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Events issue with CB 1.8
Have created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3314

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mine2sel

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193270 by mine2sel
Replied by mine2sel on topic Re: Events issue with CB 1.8
Thank you so much for your answer! I have applied the patches and it works perfectly now!!
Thank you once again for your great and fast support!

12 years 2 months ago #193336 by rodrigo8_4
Replied by rodrigo8_4 on topic Re: Events issue with CB 1.8
I just upgraded to CB 1.8 and now the user registration process is broken

12 years 2 months ago #193339 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Events issue with CB 1.8

rodrigo8_4 wrote: I just upgraded to CB 1.8 and now the user registration process is broken

Please start your own thread and give your own details.

Broken doesn't really help anyone help you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn