How to create new language file

13 years 2 months ago #156922 by darksoul88
How to create new language file was created by darksoul88
Hi.
I created a tranlsation of Groupjive.
What values to change to the english language.? (not translations =>)
because when i installed it had caused an error on the site.
Maybe it replaced the default=?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #156962 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to create new language file
You translate in the same manner you would any other CB language file. It uses the same structure as CBSubs (except designed with new Tag support). If you have an error it's likely due to an unescaped quote. Example below would cause an error

'STRING' => 'STRING'S'

The above has an unescaped single quote. The below would be correct.

'STRING' => 'STRING\'S'

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #157335 by jt23
Replied by jt23 on topic Re: How to create new language file
i want to create chinese

'Categories' => '类别',
'Groups' => '群组',
'Invites' => '邀请',
'Users' => '用户'

is it right??

13 years 2 months ago #157663 by krileon
Yes, the above is correct. You translate GJ like you'd translate anything else, simply edit the strings in the language plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #159652 by tto
Replied by tto on topic Re: How to create new language file
Hello,

Shall I create a new archive and upload or translate the English files?

If I am going to create a new archive, do I need to consider any file re-naming ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Tariq

13 years 1 month ago #159798 by krileon
It's recommended to translate the English plugin, edit so it'll install as your own language, test install is working, then distribute. I do not recommend distributing edited English plugins as you should always create a new plugin associated with the language GJ is translated to. Files do not need renamed, you simply need to edit the XML file. Please see below example from English to Russian.

IN: cbgroupjive_language.xml
ON: Line 3
<name>CB GroupJive en-GB</name>
TO:
<name>CB GroupJive ru-RU</name>

Once done, package and install. When your Joomla language switches to Russian, so should GJs in the above example.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn