[REQ] GroupJive Overview | Return to profile link

12 years 9 months ago #171285 by pepperstreet
Just a minor issue. There is no link "return to profile" in the GJ main menuitem?! For example CB-Invites overview has also this link. Should it follow the same concept? Or should it be an optional link for all plugins of this kind?

The link comes in handy, when you are outside the CB-Profile context. Which might be the case... and sometimes not. Depends on the site structure and usage. Thats why I mentioned the "optional" display.

Thanks for listening.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171415 by krileon
It originally existed in Beta, but popular consensus was to remove it. You're welcome to edit the template and add it however.

GJ 2.5 will feature a new template system (shortly after 2.4 release) that will be removing a lot of parameters and making a lot of changes users want to require template changes, this is due to the over bloating of configuration; it needs to be simplified. The new template system will also make it extremely easy for those unfamiliar with PHP and will only require minor HTML knowledge to edit. At this time I can't say specifically what parameters will be removed or simplified and will provide more details with 2.5 release.

2.4 is primarily a bug fix release and introduction of a new data layer API to reduce query count by 80% and reduce memory usage by 20%.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

12 years 8 months ago #173462 by gschmalenberg
Replied by gschmalenberg on topic Re: [REQ] GroupJive Overview | Return to profile link
When will 2.4 be available? I have problems with the invite functions. It doesn't send any message to the person invited.

12 years 8 months ago #173563 by krileon
GJ 2.4 will be available when it's done, sorry I don't provide release dates. My goal was end of last week, but was tasked with developing a new payment gateway for CBSubs. I am hoping to have done by end of this coming weekend, but that is also seaming less likely as more issues are found and requests are made.

What exactly is your problem with invites? I can not confirm your issue, they seam to be sending fine. Are CB emails working at all? Have you tried mass mailer within CB User Management to ensure emails function? Have you tested with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting configured within Joomla global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #187841 by kalonly
----
GJ 2.5 will feature a new template system (shortly after 2.4 release) that will be removing a lot of parameters and making a lot of changes users want to require template changes, this is due to the over bloating of configuration; it needs to be simplified. The new template system will also make it extremely easy for those unfamiliar with PHP and will only require minor HTML knowledge to edit. At this time I can't say specifically what parameters will be removed or simplified and will provide more details with 2.5 release.
----
unquote

I had a quick look at the 2.5 beta 1 version. As far as I can see, the template structure in this beta version has not changed yet (compared to 2.4). Could you let me know what to expect in the near future regarding the template structure?

12 years 3 months ago #187912 by krileon
The templates have already been minimized. The feature ticket to redo them has been rejected. I've no plans to redo the system any further at this point. As it stands now it uses minimal coding, but full capabilities of PHP classes and functions even specific to a single template file.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn