Upgrade GroupJive 1.8 (old version) to current ver

12 years 3 months ago #187965 by sescha
Hi there!

I have a site which uses an old Version 1.8 of GroupJive. There is really not much the users can do with it, so it is not used very much.

Supposed that I buy the Advanced Subscription and download the latest version, is there a way to upgrade which keeps existing groups and members, or do I replace the plugin and start new groups from scratch?

Thanks!
Sebastian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188027 by krileon
GJ 2.x comes with a migration tool when you run GJ 2.x Tools from its backend. This will migrate your old GJ 1.8 install to GJ 2.x. I haven't tried it in awhile so I can't guarantee it's bug free, lol. Suppose need to re-review it before GJ 2.5 B2 releases to ensure fully functional migration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188030 by sescha
Kyle,

thank you very much for your timely reply, much appreciated.
I guess I'll better wait for your review of the migration tool then before I attempt an upgrade.

Thanks again,
Sebastian

12 years 3 months ago #188035 by krileon
Tool appears to be working fine (in my dev build of 2.5, don't have 2.4 installed to test), but due to the below bug in CB 1.7.1 the Tool never finds the GJ 1.8 database tables. You can apply the pre-patched CB 1.7.1 file to resolve the bug in CB however.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3052

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188041 by sescha
Thanks Kyle!

My website in question is running CB 1.3.1 -- will I have to upgrade that as well (please say 'no')?

Thanks again,
Sebastian

12 years 3 months ago #188043 by krileon

My website in question is running CB 1.3.1 -- will I have to upgrade that as well (please say 'no')?

You won't even be able to install GJ 2.x without upgrading. So yes, you must upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn