Wish list - Country field

11 years 9 months ago #204418 by deltafidesign
Wish list - Country field was created by deltafidesign
I would have a country field to assign every group and category to one or more country. Then user can choose to display some country groups.

That can be really useful for multilanguage sites. So people from Congo can choose to see only groups and categories from Congo, Zimbabwe and Niger for example, while a french user can choose only french categories or groups.

Could this be implemented?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #204604 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Wish list - Country field

No, sorry it's too specific. Please understand GJ must remain generic and I can't justify implementing such a thing; too much time to develop something used by so few. I recommend hiring a contract developer to implement it for you (as it's certainly possible).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #204612 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Wish list - Country field

krileon wrote:

No, sorry it's too specific. Please understand GJ must remain generic and I can't justify implementing such a thing; too much time to develop something used by so few. I recommend hiring a contract developer to implement it for you (as it's certainly possible).

Thanks for your answer Kyle.

Thinking about implementing it myself could be possible sure, but I think about future upgrades... Everytime I upgrade GJ I'll lose this feature.

If I try a way to implement it, could you consider to insert it too in the official GJ releases?

11 years 9 months ago #204620 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Wish list - Country field
You won't lose it if it's developed as a plugin in the same way the various GJ integration's are. The simplest is the About integration and could be a good starting point. In a future release GJ will support custom fields where you could possible add a country field to group edit, but for now that's purely an idea and no where near implemented yet (won't be until after CB 2.0).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn