[SOLVED] turn off "messaging" on Cat Overview page

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #217601 by mothersofboys
How can I turn off the

0 Categories | 1 Group | Approval

that is listed under every category on this page:

joomladesignstudios.co/fiber/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive

and can I change the "title" that says

"Categories Overview"

and under my description part at the top -

can I turn off where it says "Categories: 7"

?

I've edited the "default" overview_main.php template file in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default

but my coding edits are not jiving but instead creating php page errors

thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #217631 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: turn off "messaging" on Cat Overview page
You'll need to edit the template file as found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/default/overview_panes.php

Then simply comment out the following line.
						.				( $categoryCount ? '<div>' . cbgjClass::getOverride( 'category', true ) . ': ' . $categoryCount . '</div>' : null )

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #217741 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic Re: turn off "messaging" on Cat Overview page
THANKS!!

I got most of what I needed done....

However...

What do I edit if I just want

0 Categories | 2 Groups | Open

to show Groups & Access (which is currently showing as "open") and not show Categories?

I tried to work the code to just show Groups and groupCount and getTypes but I kept getting PHP errors.

Thanks
LrG

11 years 4 months ago #217794 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: turn off "messaging" on Cat Overview page
All the display is template based, please review the template php files for the location you want to edit. All are named based off location. For example overview_ applies to all overview pages (including the categories display on the overview page). You need to ensure you're commenting out the right block of code. You also need to be using an IDE so you can see common errors; there are several free available such as Netbeans PHP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #218739 by mothersofboys
Replied by mothersofboys on topic Re: turn off "messaging" on Cat Overview page
I edited lines 55 - 58 of overview_main.php and was able to get just the groups and access type to show.

{this topic has been solved}

Thanks
LrG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn